Now that the holidays are in full swing, we thought we’d share the recipes for some of our favorite libations to help you guys take your cocktail game to the next level this season. While some are simply old school favorites that sip so well this time of year a few others provide a festive twist (pun intended) to get any holiday party started. Here’s wishing you and yours VERY happy holidays - Cheers!
MERRY MOSCOW MULE
1/2 oz. simple syrup
1/2 oz. unsweetened cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz. vodka
4 oz. chilled ginger beer
1 rosemary sprig
Orange slice, for garnish
Cranberries, for garnish
1. Combine simple syrup, cranberry juice, and vodka.
2. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer.
3. Serve garnished with rosemary sprig, orange wedge and cranberries.
FROZEN CRANBERRY MARGARITA
Lime wedges, for garnish and rimming glasses
1/4 c. plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar plus more for dipping cranberries
1 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 c. fresh or frozen cranberries , divided 1 c. cranberry juice
1/3 c. tequila
1/4 c. fresh lime juice
1/4 c. triple sec
4 c. ice
4 rosemary sprigs
1. In a small shallow dish, combine the sugar and salt. Rim 4 glasses with lime and dip in sugar-salt mixture.
2. Wet 16 whole cranberries in water and dip in sugar. Skewer on toothpicks and set aside.
3. Combine remaining cranberries, cranberry juice, tequila, lime juice, triple sec, remaining ¼ cup sugar, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour into glasses and garnish with lime wedges, rosemary sprigs, and skewered cranberries.
NOLA MILK PUNCH
1 ¼ ounces bourbon
½ ounce dark rum
2 ounces milk (use cream or half-and-half for a richer drink)
1/8 ounce vanilla extract
½ ounce simple syrup (see note)
Dash of grated nutmeg
1. In a mixing glass three-quarters filled with ice, pour the bourbon, rum, milk or cream, vanilla and simple syrup.
2. Shake vigorously until chilled, about 30 seconds.
3. Strain into a rocks glass and dust with nutmeg.
1 1/2 parts premium Bourbon
3 dashes Angostura Bitters
Pinch of raw sugar Cherry to garnish
1. In a rocks glass, muddle the sugar and bitters.
2. Add ice, then pour the bourbon on top.
3. Stir gently to mix and garnish with a cherry.
HOLIDAY HOT TODDY
4 ounces premium bourbon
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus 2 thinly sliced lemon rounds for serving
2 cinnamon sticks
4 whole cloves
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan or tea kettle.
2. Remove from heat and divide between two mugs.
3. Divide bourbon, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, and cloves between the mugs.
4. Let stand 5 minutes, then stir and serve, garnished with lemon rounds.
4 cups spicy tomato juice
2 cups beef broth
2 cups vodka
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons hot sauce
2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons ground celery seed
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Celery stalks, with leaves, for garnish
Spicy Pickled Okra for garnish
1. In a pitcher filled a quarter full with ice, add the tomato juice, beef broth, vodka, lemon juice, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and pepper.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Serve over ice, garnished with celery stalks and Spicy Pickled Okra.