Our Commitment to Privacy
- Information We Collect
- Using Information We Collect
- Sharing Information We Collect
- Managing Your Personal Information
- Cookies and Pixel Tags
- Links to Other Sites
- Privacy of Children on Our website
- California Privacy Rights
- Questions or Comments
Information We Collect
We may collect information (including your name, postal addresses, billing address, telephone number, email address, gender, birthday and product preferences) when you engage in any of the activities listed below:
- Inquire about our services
- Create an account (profile) at duckhead.com
- Subscribe to receive our emails
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event
- Participate in Duck Head social media events
Using Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect to provide you with the best possible customer experience. Specifically, we use personal information to:
- Provide our products and services, complete transactions and as otherwise needed to carry out our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions and other information, unless you have opted out of such communications (see "Opting Out of Marketing Communications"for more information);
- Administer and fulfill our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions and deliver rewards;
- Identify, report and repair errors that impair functionality of our Services;
- Analyze trends and statistics, learn more about your shopping preferences and your interaction with our Services, and improve your shopping experience;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
By subscribing to text notifications you agree to receive recurring automated marketing messages at the phone number provided. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. HELP for help. Msg & Data rates may apply.
You have the option not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on how to opt out, please see the section entitled, “Managing your Personal Information” below.
Sharing Information We Collect
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending a communication to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we partner with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests or promotions to our customers. We also work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies (including cookies and tags) on our website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
- We may share information about you, if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order or government request, or to protect the rights of Duck Head or others.
Managing Your Personal Information
You can review your personal information at any time. To access your information online, simply click Your Account at the top of any webpage, and sign in when prompted. You may also ask us to update your personal information, by calling Customer Care at 1-833-254-7830. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. Duck Head provides a choice in communication for customers so you can receive information from us at your discretion. We communicate with our customers by promotional email, postal mailings, and telephone. If you would like to be removed from our promotional email lists, postal mailings, or telephone lists, please contact us by calling Customer Care at 1-833-254-7830. You may also write to us at: 52 South Victory Drive, Lyons GA 30436
Please specify which list(s) “Do not Email”, “Do Not Mail” or “Do Not Call” you would like to be removed from. Please note that requests by email or phone may take up to 10 business days to process and request by postal mail may take up to eight weeks to process. Alternatively, if you do not want to receive promotional emails (i.e. not order-related) that notify you of new product arrivals, exclusive offers, upcoming events, store openings and the like, simply click the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any Duck Head email. Please note, however, that this is for email only.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Study how our Guests navigate through our website and which products they request in site searches
- Customize the message and delivery of online banner ads based on your online behavior.
- Remember what items are in your Shopping Bag
- Enable you to use Express Checkout, if you have created an account at Duckhead.com
- Keep track of your order as you shop on our website
- Process your order on our website
Protecting your personal information is important to us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online order information as it is transmitted over the Internet. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower right-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser), then SSL is active. You can also double-check by looking at the "Address" line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https."
Identity thieves sometimes send fraudulent email messages to trick customers into divulging personal or financial information (a practice known as "phishing"). If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information, do not respond. We never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email. If you have received or entered personal information in response to a suspicious email, pop-up or phony website claiming to be affiliated with Duck Head or its affiliates, please call us immediately at 1-833-254-7830.
Links to Other Sites
Occasionally we provide links on our website to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of Duck Head and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit. Duck Head is not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites which are provided solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Privacy of Children on our Web Site
Duck Head is concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
California Privacy Rights / Questions or Comments
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, financial information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Information We Collect” above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Using Information We Collect” section above. We collect personal information directly from you (for example, when you place an order from our website or make a purchase at one of our Stores), automatically when you access or use our services or shop in our Stores, and from third-party sources as described in the “Information We Collect” section above. We share the categories of personal information listed above with the categories of third parties as described in the “Sharing Information We Collect” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the categories of personal information listed above for business and commercial purposes as described in the “Sharing Information We Collect” section above.
The CCPA requires us to provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which broadly means sharing personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration, and to give California residents the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. In the preceding 12 months, we sold the following categories of personal information to third parties to facilitate certain marketing activities and allow our advertising partners to show ads that are targeted to your interests: identifiers, commercial information, and Internet or other electronic network activity information. We describe these disclosures of personal information in more detail in the “Sharing of Personal Information” section above. If you are a California resident, you can submit your request to opt-out of having your personal information shared with third parties for marketing activities by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at 1-833-254-7830.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers with the right to request more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected, sold and disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, to delete their personal information, to opt out of sales of personal information, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. California consumers may make these requests by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-833-254-7830. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information regarding a recent purchase. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, please contact us. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Shine the Light Law
California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy. To opt-out of this type of sharing of information, please contact us at:
Duck Head Customer Service
752 S Victory Drive,
Lyons GA 30436Atlanta, GA 30309
Last Updated: October 11, 2021